The Decade Ahead: UF Goal-Setting Task Force Final Report December 2015
ASPIRATION: The University of Florida will be a premier university that the state, nation, and world look to for leadership.
An exceptional academic environment that reflects the breadth of thought essential for preeminence, achieved by a community of students, faculty, and staff who have diverse experiences and backgrounds.
UF students, faculty and staff with increasingly diverse demographic and geographic characteristics.
- Geographic diversity, including out of state and international students, faculty, and staff.
- Racial/ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic diversity.
- Diversity across other demographic characteristics (e.g. gender, disabilities).
A university climate that is inclusive, supportive and respectful to all.
- A climate survey for students, faculty and staff to identify areas for improvement.
- Number and scope of activities and programs that promote diversity.
- Opportunities for interactions among people having a diversity of experiences and backgrounds.
- Annual reports from UPD and student affairs regarding discriminatory activity.
Diverse, robust educational and interdisciplinary areas of excellence.
- Breadth and balance of educational programs offered on and off campus and online.
- Percent of students and faculty engaged in interdisciplinary collaboration.
Increased globalization to enhance our effectiveness as world citizens.
- Percentage of students participating in study abroad experiences.
- Percentage of faculty and graduate students participating in international conferences as participants, speakers, and leaders.
- Number of international collaborative agreements in educational programs and research.
- Percent of graduate and undergraduate international students at UF.
- Percent of courses, activities, and organizations that promote globalization.