National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD)
We are pleased to announce that the University of Florida has joined the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) as an Institutional Member. NCFDD is a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty,
postdocs, and graduate students at more than 450 colleges and universities. This initiative came about as a result of collaborative work between the Faculty Senate Chair, Associate Provost for Academic & Faculty Affairs, and the Office of the Chief Diversity Officer.
Membership resources provide a rich selection of options that will be of interest to all faculty ranks, postdocs, graduate students, and administrators.
NCFDD provides a variety of virtual programs and resources including:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Faculty Success Program, an intensive virtual bootcamp
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, & moderated writing challenges
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
A few webinars that are particularly relevant to administrators include:
- Rethinking Mentoring Multi-Week Course
- Managing Multiple Roles: How to be a Faculty Member and an Administrator
- Department Chair Intensive Multi-Week Course
- Successful Strategies for Faculty Diversity: Valuing Faculty Work that Promotes Equity
To claim free access to our Institutional Membership, complete the following steps:
1) Go to http://www.facultydiversity.org/join
2) Choose University of Florida from the drop-down menu.
3) Select “Activate my Membership”
4) Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (i.e. @ufl.edu)
5) Go to your UF email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email.
If you have any questions about the membership, please contact: Antonio Farias via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (352) 392-6917. If you have any technical questions, please email NCFDD at Membership@FacultyDiversity.org.